2014 Summer Anime

Glorious Nippon pretzel, baked over a thousand times

Moderators: PirateMech, Volt

2014 Summer Anime

Postby HemusK » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Hello fellow weaboos. What are you watching this summer?

http://anichart.net/summer

I'm watching right now
  • Akame ga Kill - Was also pretty cool the first episode. I've heard the mango was really good, and the premise seems interesting.

Also these faces: Image
    So cool.
  • Aldnoah.Zero - The first episode was amazing, I hope it lives up to it's ridiculous hype.
  • Bakumatsu Rock - Just a silly little animu about rock and roll. It probably won't amount to much but it's kinda fun.
  • Captain Earth - Fall leftover. The series is starting to pick up, I think it'll be really good after they've assembled all the villains.
  • Nobunaga Concerto - I want to watch this but it appears no one has picked it up. Oh well
  • Rail Wars! - It's pretty cheap and generic, I was hoping for more train combat. I hope of course this shows up eventually:
  • Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen - Generic Mechanimu of the season. It's trying really hard to set itself apart by playing up THE DANGERS OF WAR, but I don't think it's working.
  • Space☆Dandy - Season 2 is just as good as Season 1. First Episode is hilarious.

I want to die
  • Tokyo ESP - The weakest of the three Tokyo's. We'll see how it goes.
  • Tokyo Ghoul - This one is already in the running to be the best of the season. The animation is fantastic, and that mental conflict plot is so good.
  • Zankyou no Terror/Terror in Tokyo - Nothing beats some good old terrorism. I'm interested in where this goes because the first episode is fantastic.
The fuck are you reading this? get back to the post.
HemusK
Beartato Zweihänder-Odachi Pretzel

Re: 2014 Summer Anime

Postby TehVict » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 am

Alright, let's see.

Akame ga Kill! - not really enjoying this one bit so far, might drop it in the future.
Aldnoah.Zero - really dug the first episode and have been enjoying it alright so far, but nothing extraordinary.
Ao Haru Ride - love how the anime looks. It did a lot of things that bothered me in the beginning but the last episode I saw was pure enjoyment.
Barakamon - the best airing anime right now, perfect in comedy and slice of life and an incredible protagonist who is a real display of humanity.
Captain Earth (spring leftover) - the show I look forward to the most every week right now, it has really turned amazing from ep 10 forwards. Amazing animation and music.
Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2wei! - great action, great comedy, fanservice, what else can I ask for.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - such a perfect show, very funny, main character is best girl of the season.
Glasslip - started out pretty bad but has been getting better
Hanayamata - oh so very pretty
Jinsei - pretty good comedy
Majimoji Rurumo - pretty enjoyable
Rokujouma no Shinryakusha - I'm a bit behind on this one, not sure if I'll keep following it.
Sabagebu! - the funniest show airing right now, I had very bad expectations for this and it ended up being one of my top 3.
Space Dandy 2 - It's back and better than ever, baby.
Sword Art Online II - First three episodes were the worst SAO has ever been IMO, but the fourth one was pretty enjoyable. dat trap kirito
Tokyo Ghoul - it's alright
Zankyou no Terror - I really like the opening
TehVict
Master Swordsmith Pretzel Chef

Return to Anime and Manga