Anime Database Account Archives

Glorious Nippon pretzel, baked over a thousand times

Moderators: PirateMech, Volt

Re: Anime List Thread

Postby PurpleLugia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 am

TehVict wrote:I strongly recommend AniList. It's easy to move from MAL to AniList, too.

Unfortunately, Vict, I can't think of anything anyone could say to convince me to switch from MAL. I've seen nothing that convinced me that AniList is that much better, and I'm not making an account just to find out the features that you can't see from guest mode. From what I have been shown from registered users, I'm not impressed with it. I'd just be replicating the list I've already built on MAL. Also, from what I can tell, MAL's search-based browsing system is more convenient to my kind of person than AniList's. On one final note, I'm also a kind of person who becomes attached to anything I put effort into, and that's what happened to my MAL List, but not just that. I have also made handy submissions to MAL's database, and have found fun in building up research to create each new entry in the database. To date, I have been responsible for 13 entries to MAL's database, a good amount of which are voice actors, which will be used as time goes on. I like feeling that I've helped with the database by contributing to it for the information convenience of many. (But yeah, long story short, I doubt if there's anything anyone can say or show to me to convince me to switch over to AniList, given my attachments to MAL.)
PurpleLugia
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby TehVict » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:33 pm

PurpleLugia wrote:MAL's search-based browsing system is more convenient to my kind of person than AniList's.

I don't know what you mean? MAL's search feature is really bad. AniList's not all that great either yet, but with AniList's search I haven't had any of the headaches I had using MAL's search.

Considering your contributions to MAL's database, (unless they were really recent) they were also contributions to the AniList database, considering to start it off, its db was imported from there.

Anyway, I guess it can't be helped when someone's too attached to an uncomfortable chair that creeks and they've had their whole life to get a comfy new chair.
TehVict
Master Swordsmith Pretzel Chef

Postby N » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:38 am

PurpleLugia wrote:
TehVict wrote:I strongly recommend AniList. It's easy to move from MAL to AniList, too.

Unfortunately, Vict, I can't think of anything anyone could say to convince me to switch from MAL. I've seen nothing that convinced me that AniList is that much better, and I'm not making an account just to find out the features that you can't see from guest mode. From what I have been shown from registered users, I'm not impressed with it. I'd just be replicating the list I've already built on MAL. Also, from what I can tell, MAL's search-based browsing system is more convenient to my kind of person than AniList's. On one final note, I'm also a kind of person who becomes attached to anything I put effort into, and that's what happened to my MAL List, but not just that. I have also made handy submissions to MAL's database, and have found fun in building up research to create each new entry in the database. To date, I have been responsible for 13 entries to MAL's database, a good amount of which are voice actors, which will be used as time goes on. I like feeling that I've helped with the database by contributing to it for the information convenience of many. (But yeah, long story short, I doubt if there's anything anyone can say or show to me to convince me to switch over to AniList, given my attachments to MAL.)

Not to mention that you can TRANSFER your list over.
N
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Re: Anime Database Account Archives

Postby Shakespeare » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Shakespeare
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Previous

Return to Anime and Manga