2014 Winter Anime

Glorious Nippon pretzel, baked over a thousand times

Moderators: PirateMech, Volt

2014 Winter Anime

Postby N » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:18 am

What are you all watching for Winter of this year? I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be watching Space Dandy.

http://anichart.net/winter
N
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Re: 2014 Winter Anime

Postby PurpleLugia » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:40 am

N wrote:What are you all watching for Winter of this year? I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be watching Space Dandy.

I'm not; seemed too much of a male-targetted show to really catch my interest.

I will be watching Noragami (it's rare for a show to make me decide on a rating just from the first episode, but this was one of those cases. It seems a little promising.) and Mahou Sensou (I don't know what to think of this yet; so far it seems like a typical, dime-a-dozen shounen with a possible harem).

Two new animes is enough for me this season, alongside four others still on-going from Fall: Magi: Kingdom of Magic, Tokyo Ravens, Kill la Kill, and Strike the Blood.
PurpleLugia
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby TehVict » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:13 am

Alright, we're 3-4 episodes in for most anime now, so here's what I've been enjoying:

• Nagi no Asukara (fall leftover) - if you aren't watching it yet, why aren't you watching it yet? Seriously top-notch, it was one of the best anime last season and even then it managed to get so much better this season. Nagi-Asu is amazing.
  • Kill la Kill (fall leftover) - While I still very much love KLK, and maybe I just grew accustomed to how unique it is, but it doesn't have the same appeal it did during the first episode. Nonetheless, it's still one of my favorite ongoing, and the second half is set to be awesome.
  • Noragami - by far my favorite new anime so far, everything about it clicks just right. Thank you based Bones. Also awarded by me for best OP of the season.
  • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Love it. A sequel to one of my all-time favorite anime? How could I not love this?
  • Silver Spoon 2nd Season - Silver Spoon was one of my favorite anime of 2013, so I'm really excited for this.
  • Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda - a loli and other weirdos in silly costumes conquering the world? Yes please.
  • Golden Time (fall leftover) - increasingly great. What started out as nothing special has really been on an upward slope that shows no sign of stopping. Definitely one to watch.
  • Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. - I love the manga, so this one is a no brainer. Hoping for a good adaptation, has been well done so far.
  • Magi: The Kingdom of Magic (fall leftover) - it's just so fucking good. More people should be watching it.
  • Engaged to the Unidentified - a lovely, funny show full of best girls (and guy).
  • Sakura Trick - a yuri show that is really funny and cute and well, plot-filled.
  • Log Horizon (fall leftover) - the wall of pure fiction's cracking in my head and the addiction of my world still spreads
  • Space Dandy - Amazing animation, funny episodes, thank you once again based Bones. Really good dub too, which comes out hours before the subs.
  • Nisekoi - Another adaptation of a manga I love, Shaft has been doing a really nice job.

and then there's...
  • Samurai Flamenco (fall leftover) - Why am I still watching this show? No idea. Still enjoyable enough for me to keep up with it, especially this far into it, but I miss the days before Guillotine Gorilla showed up.
  • Buddy Complex - nice coupling This show is not good, but fun to watch with friends and make fun of it.
  • No-Rin - it's shit.
TehVict
Master Swordsmith Pretzel Chef

Postby N » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:11 am

Kill la Kill (fall leftover)- Loved it in Fall and I'm still loving it now. The next arc seems very promising.
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic (fall leftover)- I really love Magi and I wish more people watch it. It's great so far like the last Magi was and I'm really hoping for a third season.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren- So far my favorite thing this season. There's so much to love about Chuunibyou. There's literally no way you can hate Chuunibyou. If you hate Chuunibyou, you're a heartless monster. I mean, who hates Chuunibyou?
Buddy Complex- Literally the AOTY. Dio is best girl.
Pupa- Literally the AOTD.
Sakura Trick- Literally the AOTC.
Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time- Really enjoying it. Short, funny episodes and it brightens me up when I'm in a bad mood.
Space☆Dandy: Based Bones have been doing their based work making this show. I've been enjoying it, but not as much as all the hype for it had led me on.
World Conquest ~Zvezda of Intrigue~- Absolutely loving loli batman so far. It's so great, it makes me so happy, I love everything about it. It's so fucking great.
Noragami- Koyomi Araragi is back in this hit new highschool God thriller!
Nisekoi- Absolutely beautiful show with great OST. It's very loyal to the manga from what I've read so far.
Engaged to the Unidentified- Nice show. I haven't been enjoying it as much as everything else, but the newest episode got me to like it a lot more. I see potential overall.
Mahou Sensou- I really like this show and really don't at the same time. It's mediocre but good. The first episode was such a lead on. But it's so good. But it's not. That ED...
No-Rin- My guilty pleasure of the season. I love No-Rin so much, I think it's hilarious. Victor always tries to get into my pantsu about it. I fucking love No-Rin. Everyone. Go watch No-Rin. Tell Victor off.

TehVict wrote:No-Rin - it's shit.

N
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby HemusK » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:14 am

N wrote:Victor always tries to get into my pantsu about it.

what.
The fuck are you reading this? get back to the post.
HemusK
Beartato Zweihänder-Odachi Pretzel

Postby PurpleLugia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:17 am

Demolition-D has released his impressions for this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtW_SXe8Cv0
PurpleLugia
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Return to Anime and Manga