2013 Autumn Anime

Glorious Nippon pretzel, baked over a thousand times

Moderators: PirateMech, Volt

Re: 2013 Autumn Anime

Postby TehVict » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 pm

redjet wrote:
TehVict wrote:...nor Samurai Flamenco...

You've never told me about this one.
Not that I'd watch it, with that repulsing title (I judge books by covers).

Yeah, I don't think I ever did directly.

Same director as Natsume Yujinchoand Durarara!! I seem to recall you really liked both of those titles...

It's definitely one of the best of the season, pretty sure you'd like it. It's about a guy who's a fan of hero shows (like Kamen Rider) and tries to become his own hero in real life, Samurai Flamenco. It doesn't work very well for him at first.
TehVict
Master Swordsmith Pretzel Chef

Re: 2013 Autumn Anime

Postby TehVict » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Figured that now that the Fall season has ended, I'd make a post describing my final thoughts on each of the anime, since my opinion changed on quite a few of them.

• Non Non Biyori - definitely my favorite anime of the season, if not of the year 2013 as a whole. It remained a really funny, cute, and chill show that cheered up my Mondays throughout.
  • Monogatari Series 2nd Season - another of my top choices, this season really outdid every previous installments IMO, with amazing arcs one after the other. Can't wait for Hanamonogatari.
  • White Album 2 - an amazing romance anime that takes your heart, rips it apart, steps all over it, and you'll still love it for it. Like I said before, this is a standalone title, so you don't have to have seen WA1 to watch it. It's really outstanding.
  • Outbreak Company - this show remained just as hilarious throughout the season, a great show that I originally expected nothing out of.
  • Kyokai no Kanata - Garbage. Pretty-looking garbage, though. Still super disappointing.
  • Unbreakable Machine Doll - remained a solid show, I hope for a second season.
  • Little Busters! Refrain - a bit of a disappointment, I didn't really enjoy it as much as the first season. Little Busters is at its finest when it's excelling at funny slice-of-life happiness, rather than somewhat failing at edgy grimdark suffering.
  • NouCome - still funny and unique.
  • Valvrave the Liberator - I never thought I'd end up liking this show as much as I did given how bad it started out, but the second season was really really great overall.
  • Samurai Flamenco ongoing - yeah they really screwed up with this one. Let's see where they take it in its second cour.
  • Nagi no Asukara ongoing - what an amazing, gorgeous, entertaining show! This is one absolutely nobody should be missing! From the looks of it, the second half is set to escalate considerably, so now is a really good time to pick it up if you somehow haven't already!
  • Kill la Kill ongoing - somehow not as hyped for KLK now as I was when it started, but I still very much enjoy it. Can't wait to see what the second cour brings us.
  • Magi: The Kingdom of Magic ongoing - still just keeps on getting better and better.
  • Golden Time ongoing - it really got a lot better as it went on, I'm excited for this show to continue.
  • Log Horizon - still great living-in-the-database MMORPG anime. wow wow.
  • Coppelion - dropped
  • Galilei Donna - dropped
  • Yuushibu - dropped.
TehVict
Master Swordsmith Pretzel Chef

Previous

Return to Anime and Manga