[Spoilers] Steins;Gate Movie ~ Burdened Domain of Déjà vu

Glorious Nippon pretzel, baked over a thousand times

Moderators: PirateMech, Volt

[Spoilers] Steins;Gate Movie ~ Burdened Domain of Déjà vu

Postby TehVict » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 am

The long awaited Steins;Gate sequel movie is finally here, and it is glorious! While there's a lot of side-story content to the S;G series ranging from drama CDs to manga, they pretty much all either show what happens in other world lines or the story from different perspectives - this movie on the other hand gives us a much desired continuation to the end of the series, in the Steins;Gate World Line!

In the movie, Kurisu takes the main role as she time leaps in an attempt to save Okabe, whose existence is being erased for having conflicting memories of too many different world lines. It also explains the phenomenon of the deja vu.

The movie helps develop Okabe and Kurisu's relationship and character more and give us some further closure, a bit like the OVA. Unlike the OVA though, there was actual time travel, and it was five times as long. Plus there was a pressing issue at hand, which made things a tad more exciting, though still nothing edge-of-your-seat.

The whole movie, fittingly, really fills like a bit of deja vu, with many scenes - even right from the beginning - strongly resembling other scenes from the anime. Any fan of the show would be excited down this path of memories.

Spoiler: show
Highlights go to absolutely adorable intoxicated Kurisu, the bloody Nae part from the VN that originally got cut from the anime, Kurisu acting like Hououin Kyouma... and so many others. Here, have screenshots of those and more.
(Note the time machine name! OR = Okabe Rintarou!)

In closing, the movie was great, definitely worth the wait. I hope White Fox will animate more for the Steins;Gate series in the future, there's so much they could do. It could be anything, I'd be happy with it.

El Psy Kongroo
TehVict
Master Swordsmith Pretzel Chef

Re: [Spoilers] Steins;Gate Movie ~ Burdened Domain of Déjà v

Postby HemusK » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:11 am

El Psy Kangaroo
The fuck are you reading this? get back to the post.
HemusK
Beartato Zweihänder-Odachi Pretzel

Postby N » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:56 am

I really loved it. I didn't get the ending at first, and I don't like how it ended so suddenly, but a movie about Kurisu is a must watch. There were some scenes that were so fucking awesome, like the one where Kurisu says that she's Hououin Kyouma. I also loved the nostalgic music that played throughout Kurisu's journey in trying to save Okabe, like Gate of the Steiner.

Overall,

Spoiler: show
9/10.

Kurisu best girl.
N
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby redjet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Great movie. Great scenes. Kurisu kicks ass.

side note: why was the vocal so much louder than the BGM in the op/ed?
redjet
Unsalted Knife Pretzel

Return to Anime and Manga