Fallout 4 Possible announcement

Home to the Master Swordpretzel with Super Mushroom toppings

Moderator: Last

Fallout 4 Possible announcement

Postby Yabby11 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 am

So if you guys hadn't seen it yet, http://thesurvivor2299.com/. And this morning I came across http://12072299.tumblr.com/. Very interesting.
Yabby11
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Re: Fallout 4 Possible announcement

Postby JesseRoo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:47 am

Here's some information I've gathered so far. Keep in mind that I haven't got the slightest clue about American geography, so I've had to apply liberal amounts of Wikipedia to my brain to come up with these conclusions.
  • There were three audio files on the page: ”/radio/bridgeport-5284ec0d1b93c.mp3″, ”/radio/fall-river-52862d007e8ab.mp3″ and ”/radio/hanscom-msg-52862c3e7a30e.mp3″. Bridgeport is a city in Connecticut, which is pretty close to Massachusetts which is where Fall River and the Hanscom Air Force Base are.
  • The Tumblr had a post which now seems to be deleted with "N35.8631°, W093.4544°", which is the position of the Boston Mountains. Another deleted post had "OZARKS" in it, which is the area the Boston Mountains is in.
  • One of the images on the Tumblr has "If a flame is to grow, there must be a glow" which is lyrics from the song To Each His Own by The Ink Spots, which is also sampled in an audio file on the site. Whoever picks music for the Fallout games is phenomenal at his job; I'd say I prefer older music like this if it wouldn't make me some sort of pretentious hipster.
  • The year "2229" is, in the Fallout universe, about 18 years after New Vegas.
  • The images on the Tumblr show the logo for Vault 74A; Vault 74 was a test map in New Vegas that was in the game files but not part of the game. Within the unused map was a holotape belonging to the Overseer with the following message:
    Data Log #10.44.78

The Vault has been breached.
    There was not enough power to level Five!

God have mercy on our souls.
  • The latest post on the Tumblr as of me writing this has the word "LENOX"; Lenox Hotel is a hotel in Boston.

I haven't gone snooping around /r/fallout or anything yet, so these are all my own discoveries. I'm sure people have already got twice as much information as me elsewhere on the internet.
JesseRoo
Waffle Broadsword Pretzel

Postby HemusK » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:50 am

So what it's saying is Fallout: New Boston?
The fuck are you reading this? get back to the post.
HemusK
Beartato Zweihänder-Odachi Pretzel

Postby Midpulse » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:54 am

Probably fake or fan stuff, like the majora's mask countdown. Don't get your hopes up yet.
Midpulse
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby JesseRoo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:10 am

Midpulse wrote:Probably fake or fan stuff, like the majora's mask countdown. Don't get your hopes up yet.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's fake, a lot of this stuff seems pretty unprofessional and apparently at some points as soon as people found errors in the site's coding they were fixed immediately after being mentioned on /r/fallout. Either the guys at Bethesda are paying close attention to the community, or it's just somebody trolling people to try and get their hopes up.

But then again, apparently the site is owned by ZeniMax. I don't know much about hosting websites but it seems like that would be hard to fake. The fact it was registered with GoDaddy is a bit worrying, though.
JesseRoo

Postby V » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:26 am

All possible but all not possible as well
Who's Cakelikeslies?
V

Postby JesseRoo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 am

Bethesda trademarked "Fallout 4" a few days before the site went up. Trademarks have to be used within six months or something like that, which means even if this is a hoax they still have to release some sort of teaser soon.

Hype levels rising.
JesseRoo

Return to Video Games