"Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devved

Home to the Master Swordpretzel with Super Mushroom toppings

Moderator: Last

"Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devved

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:21 am

(we should get a board for our own games or whatever)

"Project Ethereal" [codename] is a JRPG that I recently moved out of the planning phase on. It's being made in RPG Make- wait where are you going come back

Serioustalk tho, this game's graphics, sound, everything but underlying engine and free scripts im using are all being made specifically for this game, so no RTP nonsense.

The game's graphical style and setting is inspired by Mother and OFF, so no generic angsty dragon fighting nonsense either!

It's about four girls - Printemps, Été, Automne and Hiver - who are part of a company referred to only as "The Team". The Leader of The Team, a strange stoic man, has brought them to a large island on a mission: to find the three towns on the island and fix their problems. The towns - Rainge, Bnur and Mallow - each have problems with their society that are mentally unhealthy, so deal with them!

The game is split up into five chapters and is highly plot-focussed, includes puzzles as well as fights (neither are too hard) and also secrets.

No idea when it'll be done but I'll post progress updates.

So, uh, any questions?
User avatar
Arale
Shortsword Pretzel Stick
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:57 am

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby V » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:45 am

if you need any help in anyway im here to help out :D
Who's Cakelikeslies?
User avatar
V
Waffle Broadsword Pretzel
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:39 am
Location: The valley, Minnesota

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Ah yes I will probably be posting help wanted things at some point
User avatar
Arale
Shortsword Pretzel Stick
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:57 am

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:00 pm

sounds good
User avatar
Shakespeare
Shortsword Pretzel Stick
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:28 pm
Location: somewhere

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby Midpulse » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 pm

but where are the h-scenes sounds interesting. But can you consider it a jrpg if it isn't, well, japanese?
User avatar
Midpulse
Shortsword Pretzel Stick
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:16 am

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby HemusK » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm

I think it should be called a WRPG, for Weaboo RPG.
The fuck are you reading this? get back to the post.
User avatar
HemusK
Beartato Zweihänder-Odachi Pretzel
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:55 am

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Hemu wrote:I think it should be called a WRPG, for Weaboo RPG.


that made me laugh more than i could
User avatar
Shakespeare
Shortsword Pretzel Stick
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:28 pm
Location: somewhere

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Midpulse wrote:but where are the h-scenes sounds interesting. But can you consider it a jrpg if it isn't, well, japanese?


Several use the terms JRPG and WRPG (western) to refer more to the genre than the actual country of origin, which is what I'm doing here.
User avatar
Arale
Shortsword Pretzel Stick
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:57 am

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby JesseRoo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 am

Arale wrote:
Midpulse wrote:but where are the h-scenes sounds interesting. But can you consider it a jrpg if it isn't, well, japanese?


Several use the terms JRPG and WRPG (western) to refer more to the genre than the actual country of origin, which is what I'm doing here.

Alternatively "console RPG" and "PC RPG" is arguably less accurate but still roughly describes the origin of the two genres.
User avatar
JesseRoo
Waffle Broadsword Pretzel
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: "Project Ethereal" - Unique PC JRPG currently being devv

Postby HemusK » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:52 am

JesseRoo wrote:
Arale wrote:
Midpulse wrote:but where are the h-scenes sounds interesting. But can you consider it a jrpg if it isn't, well, japanese?


Several use the terms JRPG and WRPG (western) to refer more to the genre than the actual country of origin, which is what I'm doing here.

Alternatively "console RPG" and "PC RPG" is arguably less accurate but still roughly describes the origin of the two genres.

Not really considering the earliest JRPG's were originally for the PC and were heavily inspired by Wizardry.

They need better names anyway since they've both drifted heavily from tabletob RPGs.
The fuck are you reading this? get back to the post.
User avatar
HemusK
Beartato Zweihänder-Odachi Pretzel
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:55 am

Next

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron