Minefield - an HTML5 Minesweeper MMO

Home to the Master Swordpretzel with Super Mushroom toppings

Moderator: Last

Minefield - an HTML5 Minesweeper MMO

Postby TehVict » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 pm

I found this today and thought I'd share it since I love games like these. This is a massively multiplayer online version of the popular Minesweeper game everyone's played a couple of times on their computer called Minefield, it's built on HTML5 and expands endlessly.

http://mienfield.com/

There's a point system implemented, so you lose points for clicking on a mine rather than losing, and you get points for clearing mines with a flag. Misjudging the position of a mine also makes you lose points. Objective is to rack up enough points to be on the highscoreboard, I guess.
TehVict
Master Swordsmith Pretzel Chef

Re: Minefield - an HTML5 Minesweeper MMO

Postby Midpulse » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:27 pm

TehVict wrote:http://mienfield.com/

remember kids, reich for the stars
Midpulse
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby JesseRoo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 am

Oh my god. This is literally the greatest game ever. Goodbye life, hello Minefield forever.

I haven't yet run into anybody else but how odd does it get when you have a bunch of people working in the same spot? I'm imagining impromptu gatherings where everybody goes to the same coordinates and you get a massive group clearing swaths of the board at once.
JesseRoo
Waffle Broadsword Pretzel

Postby Spark » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:05 pm

woah. cant figure out how this is supposed to work or what i'm supposed to do (it's not actually anything like minesweeper as far as i can tell? there's really no explanation, though)

still its amazing that someone made this with html, i didnt know that was possible.
IM THE GUY WHO SUCKS, PLUS I GOT DEPRESSION
Spark
Cheddar Glaive Pretzel

Postby JesseRoo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Spark wrote:woah. cant figure out how this is supposed to work or what i'm supposed to do (it's not actually anything like minesweeper as far as i can tell? there's really no explanation, though)

still its amazing that someone made this with html, i didnt know that was possible.

It's exactly the same as normal Minesweeper. There's a map (which may be infinitely sized, as far as I know) full of tiles with mines and empty tiles, and the empty tiles will have a number on them showing how many mines are adjacent. From that, you have to find the mines and put flags on them to get points.

The difference to normal Minesweeper is only that the map is much larger.
JesseRoo
Waffle Broadsword Pretzel

Postby Spark » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 am

yeah i thought i understood what minesweeper was but then i googled it and realized i was thinking of a different game

anyways this game is great for passing the time while i rack up those precious cookies
IM THE GUY WHO SUCKS, PLUS I GOT DEPRESSION
Spark
Cheddar Glaive Pretzel

Return to Video Games