Generation VI Wi-Fi Ladder

Moderator: Last

Generation VI Wi-Fi Ladder

Postby Osaka » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:09 am

So, I had an idea based on this Pokémon community that I used to go to. It’s a Wi-Fi ladder, which was the most fun thing ever. The best thing about this is that it’s not like a tournament; it instead can go on forever. So, full credit goes to the Bulbagarden Forums for this.

What is this, you may ask? Basically, everyone who signs up is ranked (randomly when they first sign up). You can move up and down rankings by battling other trainers. As on this other place, the rankings will be divided up by tiers.

For example, say you were ranked at the very bottom. You can challenge anyone above you in your tier, or you could challenge the lowest person in the tier above you. If you defeat someone who is higher than you in the rankings in battle, you switch places with them. If you lose to someone who is higher than you, then you stay where you are.

Now, if someone challenges you, you MUST accept; this is so that if someone who is higher in the rankings does not have a permanent placing. If you do not accept a challenge within a week, it counts as a loss. However, so someone doesn't repeatedly battle someone until they win and go up through the ranks, you can only battle the same person once per three days.

However, if you do not want to battle for a while, you may be put on hiatus. If you are on hiatus, then (although you are still part of a tier) you are not included in the rankings. For example, say the person who was #2 on the rankings went on hiatus. The person who was #3 would shift up a rank to #2, and the former #2 would not be included. When taken off of hiatus, you are put to the bottom of the tier that you were just at.

When you sign up, you will be placed at the very bottom of the ladder.. If you want to join, simply tell your:

-Your 3DS Friend Code
-The type of battle you are comfortable with (as in Single, Double, Triple, Rotation)

Also, if someone wins in a battle, I need confirmation from both trainers before they can be moved on the rankings. This is for obvious reasons. You could send me a PM or post on this thread I guess.

The ladder officially begins on 20th November. This gives you a pretty good amount of time to train your team up. Please note that you may not compete in battles until then.

Requirements
-A Sixth Generation Pokémon game (currently only Pokémon X and Y).
-A Pokémon team (however, you are not required to use the same team for every battle)
-Working Wi-Fi connection.

Battle Rules
-You must use Normal Rules for a battle! This is important, as all Pokémon will be set to an equal level through these rules.
-A battle can be whichever you prefer of Single, Double, Triple, or Rotation.
-You may not use any of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde.
-You also may not use any currently unreleased Pokémon.
-OHKO Moves may not be used. This, however, does not apply through the move Metronome or Perish Song.

Tiering
The following are the tiers that will be included, from lowest to highest.
-Youngster (unlimited)
-Ace Trainer (limited to eight trainers)
-Gym Leader (limited to eight trainers)
-Elite Four (limited to four trainers)

If someone who is part of the Elite Four tier goes on hiatus, they will be dropped down to a hiatus-gym leader. If they go off of hiatus, the lowest non-hiatus trainer will be dropped down to the top of the Ace Trainer tier.

If someone makes it up to the Elite Four tier, they cannot challenge the champion without first challenging the other three members of the tier.

Elite Four Tier
  1. Elise
    0087-2396-7991; Single and Double Battles
  2. Osaka
    5026-4552-9926; Single and Double Battles
  3. Spark
    0602-6462-1073; Any battle type
  4. TehVict
    0817-3784-5112; Single Battles

Gym Leader Tier
  1. Last
    3652-0559-4602; Any battle type, single preferred
Last edited by Osaka on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
boop
Osaka
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Re: Generation VI Wi-Fi Ladder

Postby Shakespeare » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:10 am

no championship allowed at pretzel kingdom
Shakespeare
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby Achilles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 am

It really isnt a bad idea, and I would do it, but it requires a lot of commitment.
Achilles
Unsalted Knife Pretzel

Postby Relyt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:33 am

I'm working on a team right now, but it'll take me a bit.
I'll probably be lowest possible tier for a bit.
3995-3518-3937 Tyler B
Relyt
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby JesseRoo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:55 am

Considering how long it's taking me just to breed a 5IV Ralts, I doubt I'll ever reach the point where I have a full team. My current team sucks because they're just what I used to play the game's storyline, and I don't want to bother planning proper movesets or anything for Pokemon who I won't be using for battling because of their inferior stats.
JesseRoo
Waffle Broadsword Pretzel

Return to Pokémon