Programming General

For the discussion of funny cat videos and less salty not-so-laminated websites

Moderator: Midpulse

Programming General

Postby Midpulse » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:58 pm

I can't figure out where to put this so it's going in Internet

Discuss programming and projects as a whole because we don't have a work/profession/programming/whatever board

I was gonna signup for an online java course but I don't think I'd have time for it because school and stuff, so that sucks.
Midpulse
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Re: Programming General

Postby Spark » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 am

i'd suggest learning C++ first, since java is based off C++ and since i'm learning it as well i might be able to help a bit?

plus there's good tutorials here
IM THE GUY WHO SUCKS, PLUS I GOT DEPRESSION
Spark
Cheddar Glaive Pretzel

Postby Midpulse » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:48 am

Spark wrote:i'd suggest learning C++ first, since java is based off C++ and since i'm learning it as well i might be able to help a bit?

C++ is way too complicated for me. I did sign up for the class, and its great but I don't really need it because it's been really basic so far. I'm trying to get back into game developing, but that's way harder IMO
Midpulse
Shortsword Pretzel Stick

Postby Spark » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Midpulse wrote:
Spark wrote:i'd suggest learning C++ first, since java is based off C++ and since i'm learning it as well i might be able to help a bit?

C++ is way too complicated for me. I did sign up for the class, and its great but I don't really need it because it's been really basic so far. I'm trying to get back into game developing, but that's way harder IMO

yeah, i thought the same thing originally, but since i finished those simple console tutorials it's been a lot easier to understand complex stuff that looked like nonsense before

also, isnt java about the same as C++ in difficulty? i've done very little in java but i kinda got that impression
IM THE GUY WHO SUCKS, PLUS I GOT DEPRESSION
Spark
Cheddar Glaive Pretzel

Return to Internet